In 1994, Pascal Marceau earned his degree in civil engineering from the University of Sherbrooke.
Laboratoire d’Essais LCQ à Thetford Mines
He was hired immediately as a project engineer and director of services by Laboratoire d’Essais LCQ in Thetford Mines.
By September of 1998, he had accomplished the following key functions:
- Responsible for quality control of materials (soils – aggregates, concrete and asphalt) for various sewers, water supply, urban infrastructure (roads), repair of concrete bridges and building construction projects for the municipalities of Thetford Mines, Black Lake, Coleraine, Victoriaville and several others, as well as, Hydro Quebec (Post Appalaches) and LAB Chrysotile.
- Responsible for the operationalization and implementation of the branch in Victoriaville.
- Responsible for the promotion of professional services and development of branches (supply of services, fee proposal).
- Management, coordination and supervision of all technical services provided by the firm such as quality control of materials (soils – aggregates, concrete and asphalt) and soil surveys (surveys, drilling and boreholes).
- Perform soil and geotechnical studies for sewer projects , water, infrastructure (roads), treatment plants (wastewater treatment) and buildings for various municipalities such as the City of Victoriaville, City of Thetford Mines, Black Lake City, Municipality of Sainte-Clotilde-de-Beauce, etc..
- Conduct environmental studies and monitor decontamination work for various industrial, commercial and residential projects.
- Achieve expertise on issues of stability of a sidewalk (Victoriaville), fissuring of asphalt on a stretch of road (City of Thetford Mines), compressive strength of foundation walls (Victoriaville, Thetford Mines and Hydro Quebec), scaling on a concrete parking of exposed aggregate (Thetford Mines) and warping of a concrete slab (Hydro Quebec).
- Provide compliance certificates for various pits and quarries.
- Perform the audits for concrete and asphalt mixes for various projects in municipalities.
- Implement and monitor the operationalization of the ISO 9002 quality standard for active branches.
Techno Metal Post
In 1998, he became the chief engineer at Techno Pieux Inc.
In 2002, he developed the standard for TP /TMP to be accepted by the CCMC in Canada. Techno Metal Post became the first company in Canada to receive Accreditation for helical piles.
In 2006, he received accreditation for helical piles in France with the technical Standard No 3/06-463 of the CSTB.
In 2013, Techno Metal Post Helical Foundation System manufactured by TECHNO-PIEUX INC, received an evaluation report (ESR#3418) from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), providing evidence that the 3 1/2” pipe helical piles model P3-8, P3-10 and P3-12 and the brackets model PC5, PC6, PC8, PU4, PU5, PU4B, PU5B, PSC6, PSC8, PIB6 and PIB8 meets code requirements.
His functions within the group are:
- Provide technical support to members of the Techno Pieux and Techno Metal Post network.
- Develop expertise on the bearing capacity of TechnoMetalPost piles depending on the nature and density of the soil.
- Certify (seal) the load-bearing capacity of Techno Metal Post products in specific projects (Canada).
- Supervise the implementation of specific projects with Techno Metal Post piles(Canada, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain and the United States).
- Supervise the work of making Techno Metal Posts and related equipment.
- Train all installers and distributors of Techno Pieux and Techno Metal Posts.